The first thing that I do when going away – at home or abroad – is to pare my beauty essentials down to just a few multitaskers. I get lazier on holiday as I unwind, so if you’re like me and want quick, pampering results without too much effort, here are my top three products.
Superskin Concentrate – our golden elixir that can work really hard for you:
• Use as a rebalancing night-time facial oil (great post-sun, to restore softness and comfort).
• Add a few drops into your bath at the very last minute for a relaxing treat.
• Use generously all over the body after bathing, to help parched, dry skin feel beautifully soft.
• Try as an intensive mani-pedi oil (there’s nothing like doing a thorough pedicure outside in the
open air!). The plant oils work wonders for massaging sore, sighting-seeing feet too!
• Try massaging a few drops into the palms of your hands, then cup over your nose and mouth, close
your eyes and inhale – the perfect aromatic night-time ‘unwind’. Perfect to help you relax if you’re
in a new bed, an unfamiliar hotel or on a long-haul flight, struggling to get to sleep.
Superbalm – this truly is the original botanical super salve. I often call it ‘the definition of multi-tasking’, as it has so many uses:
• An emergency salve for dry, flaky skin anywhere on the body, including lips and elbows.
• It lends skin a great sheen – try on cheekbones, collarbone or down the front of your shins.
• A softening hand salve for cuticles and dry hands – use temporarily in place of your
Hand Repair. Ditto on your feet.
• It’s the original tamer for unruly hair (if you don’t have our new hair oil to hand) and is also perfect for controlling crazy eyebrows too!
Try-Me Kits – since day one, we’ve wanted to make our range as simple to use as possible, which is why we have our travel sizes. That way, there’s no need to decant!
• Our fabulous Try-Me Kits offer you the
chance to stock up on your favourites
• Or, create your very own bespoke kit using
your complimentary minis from your last
store visits or online shopping, or maybe you
have some special QVC sizes!
• I always replenish my supplies of our
travel-sized Orange Flower Hand Wash, which is ideal on car journeys for use at service stations, on the plane,
when camping or at a music festival.
• I am also never without a mini Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer, for heavenly refreshment on the move.
Wherever you’re heading this summer, treasure your special time away. Long or short, a break is such a wonderful tonic, and a chance to unwind with your loved ones… so enjoy!
PS. A final word on packing (such a chore!), although I do love the anticipation of holiday, as I dust down our suitcases. To avoid last-minute panic-packing, leave an empty, open suitcase in your spare room or on your bedroom floor, and just add things as and when you remember during the two weeks leading up to your holiday. It’s much easier than a last-minute desperate panic, and you feel more in control… and hence more relaxed!