I’m the Senior Copywriter here at Liz Earle and am delighted to be sharing my first blog with you to celebrate the 1st birthday of our monthly magazine, Beauty Insider.
It’s been an incredibly busy but rewarding twelve months for the Beauty Insider team, from researching and writing features and interviewing experts to give you all their invaluable beauty advice, to sourcing ingredient stories and finding the perfect images. Making words and pictures come together on a page, so we can share all our news with you and bring our beautiful botanicals to life, takes many, many long hours of designing and redesigning, writing and rewriting, proofing and reproofing… but it’s worth it! Your fantastic feedback has really helped keep us all going, especially on those occasions when we’ve been running around and chasing tight print deadlines. So thank you to each and every one of you who got in touch to let us know how much you’ve enjoyed your monthly Liz Earle read – you’ve been our inspiration!
And what a year it’s been with the launch of some wonderful new products and our enticing essentials offers! It’s been quite tricky to pull out a few highlights when there have been so many, however my own personal favourites would have to include:
• Unveiling our magical make up collection in May – we had some simply stunning photography to play with, and a wealth of captivating colour to tell you about.
• Our bumper double issue in September, when we revealed our Cleanse & Polish Special Edition for The Prince’s Trust. It was great to have Rebecca Taylor, our Prince’s Trust mentee, as guest editor, and very exciting to be offering our first ever twist on this iconic beauty must-have. It proved to be such a hit with our customers that it sold out in just two months!
• Introducing you to our sexy and seductive Botanical Essence No.15 in October, and getting to know Alienor, our French perfumer extraordinaire, for our ‘Meet the team’ feature.
• The bright beach scene on the cover of our sizzling summer August issue – I like to keep this one out on my desk so I can gaze at it whenever the island skies outside are looking rather gloomy and grey to cheer me up. I simply love the colours.
• Discovering Liz’s secret ‘round-the-clock’ lunges in our April issue – a quick and easy solution to toning your legs and hips and a complete god-send when you’re a busy mum like me with only a couple of spare minutes for daily exercise.
You can find all our issues of Beauty Insider, past and present, in our interactive online archive, and if you fancy a quick trip down the Beauty Insider memory lane, check out our latest Pinterest board for some of this year’s most memorable moments.
One of the perks of my job is that I get a sneak preview of what’s in store for customers in the coming months, and I promise you will not be disappointed with the issues we’re planning. We’d truly love to know which features, tips and advice you would like us to include, so please do get in touch and tell us what’s hot, what’s not and if there is anything in particular you would like to learn more about. You can either leave a comment on this blog or email us at email@example.com
Hope to hear from you soon,